The rebec was one of the most popular stringed instruments of the Middle Ages, enjoying a lively presence throughout Europe from the 11th through the 16th centuries. Rebecs are suitable for medieval dances and early Renaissance part music, and are an excellent choice for both string players and novices alike.
- One piece body of maple, pear, or cherry
- Arched soundboard of high quality spruce
- Gut strings, standard tuning middle C, g, and d
- Standard model string length 32-33 cm
- Small and large models also available
- Coming soon: Renaissance rebec consorts